Hi everyone. Alcohol Inks make the most vibrant coloured backgrounds. This month Christine had us using them on small gelli plates (3"-4"). This keeps the design contained so that it makes Clean and Simple A2 cards. All of us loved working with the smaller gelli plates and we made some lovely backgrounds.
Supplies:
- Alcohol Inks
- Blending Solution or Rubbing Alcohol
- Gelli Plate (small circle, rectangular or hexagon work best)
- Canned Air or Air Blower tool
- Regular Smooth Card Stock
- Latex Gloves (optional but recommended)
- Hand Sanitizer (to clean gelli plate after use)
- Gold or silver pen (optional)
Technique Instructions:
- Squirt small amounts of Alcohol inks onto the gelli plate
- Pour some Rubbing Alcohol or Blending Solution to dilute the Alcohol inks. Ensure you are in a well ventilated room and don't aerosolize them by using a sprayer.
- Using an air blower move the inks and rubbing alcohol/blending solution around the gelli plate.
- When you are happy with the colour mix, leave the gelli plate on your work surface and press smooth card stock on top. Pull the print.
- You can outline the edges of the ink in a gold or silver gel pen for added interest



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)















Another wonderful technique and thank you to Christine for pointing us in the direction of the gelli plate and some very pretty colours of alcohol inks. I only have a square plate but I will be having a go with the AI's which I have never used on the gelli plate, but the results you have all achieved are absolutely gorgeous. x
ReplyDeleteSuch messy, colorful fun you all are having. The circle ones are so dramatic.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Stunning cards Ladies.
ReplyDeleteAmazing creations from you all! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteWow! These are really gorgeous cards! I so wish I had a gelli plate... maybe one's coming my way!
ReplyDelete